Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Idolatrous?

So while listening here to Delirious?, the thought came to my head
that I'm just substituting Hillsong to help me along while fasting:
Hillsong. Yep, we were encouraged to fast for Youth, and one of the
things I'm fasting is the United music. More-so because I can also
use this time to check my heart with regards to loving their music,
and also specifically pray for the youth and it's leaders to welcome
in Hillsong music into our worship sessions. I'll keep aware of this
process.. wish I could elaborate more.

So, nay, I'm not substituting Hillsong with Delirious or any other music. I'm confident in fasting specifically and for good reason.

JP mentioned last night that Brad, our friend from the Rock, gave a msg at
Glenridge on Sunday night. My first thoughts (oh, our sinful nature) were envy and
idolatry. I love the guy and am inspired by him and wanna even be
mentored by him.. but then God showed me.... more to come later.

No comments: