Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Numb


We watched fightclub the other night. Then played fight club.. till 3am. Yep. My leg is still numb.

This all happened last friday night after youth, two friends, myself and a bunch of groms in a house stained with the smell of one filthy Caesar, my friends bull terrier pet dog. All that aside, it was awesome to simply hang out with these guys and be boys. Twenty minutes into this film that we have always liked, the thoughts came into my mind, "Gees, should i let us continue watching this?' For starters, "f**k' became as frequent as the word "and' in todays dialogue, but we started to just glaze over it naturally. I've always loved the film. I appreciate it's above average creativity, the brilliant acting, and the high quality filming - put me in cinema of a boring movie, and I'll still be the one appreciating it, cos I just love film. So, the movie continues on to have lucid/vivid hallucinogenic-feeling sex scenes and momentary frames of a guys dodgy parts in the top right hand side of the screen, therefore subconsciously burning it into the back of your mind. The guys found it funny cos it's the most common image on their school desks or windows on a frosty morning.

The few days after that I came to realise how numb i am to not have felt what God felt about it.

But i think of a friend I bump into here and there and always result in going really deep into thoughts within 5 mins with absolutely no awkwardness because we're just on the same level. I think of him as he is just saturated in this lifestyle, LOVES fightclub and it's message behind it, and is a solid christ follower..

I look at my dad as an illustration of what so many people have become.. numb. Deaf to Gods voice and calling..

No comments: